Thank you for participating in the Nokia #TakeTwo photo contest. The contest period has now ended. Browse all photo submissions to see if your bad photo is the worst of the worst. Check back often to see if you've won the grand prize: your moment recreated by Nokia and captured in amazing detail
Plus, a Nokia Lumia 1020 and one year of AT&T service. *See official rules for details.
Includes Camera Grip, Tripod Mount, Camera Bag and 6 months AT&T service. *See official rules for details.
Nokia Take Two Photo Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Nokia Take Two Photo Contest (the "Contest”), brought to you by Nokia Inc. (the "Sponsor”), is governed by these Official Rules. The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and located in the United States or D.C. at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, AT&T Inc., and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the advertising and promotion agencies involved with this Contest (and the immediate family members of such employees [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] and individuals residing in the same household as such employees) are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
2. THE PROMOTION PERIOD: The Contest begins on September 26, 2013 at 12:00:01 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and ends on October 16, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT (the “Promotion Period”). Contest entries will be judged between October 17, 2013 and October 24, 2013 (the “Judging Period”). The Sponsor’s clock is the official clock for this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, take an original photo of an important moment or special occasion that didn’t turn out the way you would like (for example, a photo that is blurry, hazy, empty, too dark, or too bright) (a “Photo”), visit www.nokia.com/taketwo or www.facebook.com/NokiaUS (both, the “Website”) to upload the photo with a short description of up to 150 characters, and follow the on-screen instructions to submit one (1) entry into the Contest (Photo and description collectively referred to as an “entry”). All entries will be reviewed for content and compliance with submission guidelines to determine eligibility. Entries must be in English no more than 1000 MB in size and in one of the following file formats: PNG or JPG. Limit one (1) entry per person/email address.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding this Promotion shall be directed to Administrator and not to Facebook.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. SUBMISSION OF AN ENTRY GRANTS SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS THE RIGHT TO PUBLISH, USE, ADAPT, EDIT, PUBLICLY PERFORM AND/OR MODIFY SUCH ENTRY IN ANY WAY, IN ANY AND ALL MEDIA, WITHOUT LIMITATION, AND WITHOUT CONSIDERATION TO THE ENTRANT.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: By submitting an entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen entries. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any entry you submit.
By submitting an entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and (e) and that publication of the entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Sponsor and Releasees (defined below) from any claims to the contrary.
As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Entries must meet the following guidelines:
If you think that any entry infringes your intellectual property rights, click here if you wish to report it or send an email to Copyright.Notices@nokia.com.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE (IF ANY) WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Sponsor reserves the right to accept or reject any entry in its sole discretion. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any entry you submit. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and its agents, and anyone who accesses the Website an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish and use the entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that his/her entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Each winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to his/her entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
5. CONTEST JUDGING/WINNER NOTIFICATION: During the Judging Period, all eligible entries will be judged by a qualified independent judge or panel of independent judges, appointed by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, based upon the following criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (1) Creativity/Originality (34%); (2) Fit to Contest theme, as described above (33%); and (3) Ability of entry to be recreated (33%).
The five (5) entries with the highest total scores among all eligible entries will be deemed the Grand Prize winners, subject to verification. The fifteen (15) entries with the second-highest total scores among all eligible entries will be deemed the Runner-Up Prize winners, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, tie breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first Judging Criteria, continuing thereafter to each Judging Criteria in order, as needed, to break the tie. The judge(s)’ decisions are final in all matters relating to this Contest.
Winners will be notified by mail/email, overnight mail, and/or phone on or about October 25, 2013. Potential winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Each winner (and his/her parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) will be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, and except where prohibited by law, a publicity release within three (3) days of date printed on prize notification letter or prize will be forfeited. If a potential winner is found not to be eligible for any reason, or if prize notification or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner may be disqualified and any prize may be forfeited, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address or other contact information of entrants.
6. PRIZES (20 total):
Grand Prizes (5): one (1) Grand Prize package that includes the opportunity to recreate a similar experience or moment to the entry and captured on a Nokia Lumia 1020; one (1) Nokia Lumia 1020; one (1) voucher good for a one-year service plan with AT&T. Approximate Retail Value of each Grand Prize (“ARV”): $27,200.00. In the event that the experience or moment documented in winner’s entry, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, cannot be recreated or that the cost of the re-creation of the experience or moment would exceed the ARV of this prize, winner will receive $25,000.00 cash awarded in the form of a check payable to the winner (or winner’s parent or legal guardian, if the winner is an eligible minor) in lieu of the opportunity to recreate winner’s experience, and Sponsor shall be completely discharged from any obligation to award any different in value between the cash prize and the recreated experience.In no event will Sponsor be required to spend any amount in excess of the stated ARV of the Grand Prize (less the ARV of the other portions of the Grand Prize) to recreate the experience or moment. Grand prize winners shall not receive any compensation for the difference between the ARV of the Grand Prize and the actual cost of recreating the moment or experience or for the difference between the cash prize alternative and the actual cost of recreating the moment or experience. The manner and method of recreating the moment or experience shall be at Sponsor’s sole option and discretion.
Runner-Up Prizes (15): one (1) Nokia Lumia Photographer Kit that includes one (1) Nokia Lumia 1020; one (1) camera grip; one (1) tripod mount; one (1) camera bag and one (1) voucher for a six-month service plan with AT&T. ARV of each Runner-Up Prize: $1,570.00.
Total ARV of all prizes: $159,550.00. No mobile phone service or data service plan will be provided with any prize, except that a voucher for a mobile phone plan will be provided in connection with each prize. Vouchers subject to the terms and conditions set by AT&T. Winner may be required to sign an agreement with AT&T for service, and may be subject to a credit check. Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his/her state of residence will be awarded to minor’s parent or legal guardian. Winner must accept prize as specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited. Prizes cannot be assigned, transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted except by Sponsor who may, at its sole discretion, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. Federal, state, and/or local taxes (including any income taxes) and any other fees or costs associated with the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners regardless of whether the prize, in whole or in part, is used. Winners will be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Winners will be issued an IRS 1099 form for prize value. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering this Contest, entrants (and each entrant’s parent or legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree and covenant on behalf of themselves and their family, heirs, personal representatives executors, assigns and insurers, (a) to release, acquit, hold harmless, waive and forever discharge Sponsor, Tic Toc, Inc., Facebook, Inc., AT&T Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, members, managers, employees, contractors and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from any and all claims, demands, damages, debts, costs, fees, obligations, loss, expenses, compensation, actions or causes of action whatsoever, of every nature, character and description, whether known, unknown, discovered, undiscovered, suspected or unsuspected, including death, or property damage (collectively, “Claims”), including but not limited to Claims arising on account of, or in any way growing out of, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest or any Contest-related activities, and (b) except where legally prohibited, winner (or if winner is a minor, winner’s parent/legal guardian) grants (and agrees to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under its authority the right to the use of his/her name, picture, likeness, voice, biographical information and statements, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
8. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions. Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, email, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries) who tampers with the entry process. If, for any reason, the Contest, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned by reason of fraud or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend Contest.
9. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall apply New York law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by the AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE PARTICIPANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PARTICIPANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND PARTICIPANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) PARTICIPANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND PARTICIPANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT.
10. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: These Official Rules and the Sweepstakes are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 9 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the County of New York. .
11. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, first-class stamped envelope to: Nokia Take Two Photo Contest Winners’ List, 4228 N. Central Expressway, Suite 200, Dallas, TX 75206. Requests must be received by November 25, 2013.
12. SPONSOR: Nokia Inc., 200 South Matilda Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086.
TM & © 2013 Nokia. All rights reserved. Third party products and names may be trademarks of their respective owners.