By drinking a great cup of this year's Anniversary Blend you are doing a good thing to support the community behind the beans. Peet's wants to celebrate the good things you do, big and small, everyday.
Thanks to everyone who participated in our Photo Contest. The contest has ended, but we welcome you to come back on May 18th to see our winners!
Invite your friends to vote on your photo. The photo with the most votes at the end of the contest will be declared our winner and that entrant will receive $1000. Peet’s will also be selecting our favorite photo and will award a second $1000 donation prize to that entrant.
Peet’s Anniversary Blend
Drink a Great Cup, Do a Good Thing™
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by
or associated with FACEBOOK®. You understand that you are providing your information to Peet’s Coffee & Tea and not to FACEBOOK.
1) Description: Peet’s Coffee & Tea (the “Sponsor”) is offering “Drink a Great Cup, Do a Good Thing™ Photo Contest” (the “Promotion”) and will determine winners and award prizes based on the decisions of a Judging Panel and the outcome of User Voting. The Promotion begins April 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends May 14, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM PT, (“Overall Promotion Period”).
The Promotion will be executed according to the following schedule within the Overall Promotion Period.
(2) Eligibility: The Promotion is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico and all other U.S. territories) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of Promotion registration. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively the “Promotion Entities”), their immediate families (parent, child, sibling & spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. Void in Puerto Rico, all other U.S. territories and where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law, rule or regulation. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3) Creating your Entry: The Promotion’s intent is to celebrate the good things that are done every day, big or small. In the spirit of the Promotion, submit a photo of yourself or someone you know, doing a good thing and provide a brief caption or title for your photo, (your “Photo Submission”). Prepare your Photo Submission with the clear understanding it will be posted on a public website(s) for public viewing for the duration of the Promotion Period. Your Photo Submission should comply with the following:
All Photo Submissions are subject to the Sponsor’s review prior to being posted for public viewing. In Sponsor’s sole opinion, Photo Submissions, which do not meet any of these requirements and/or which Sponsor deems negative, offensive or controversial in any way will be disqualified and removed from public view. Without in any way limiting, expanding or amending the Terms of Service at www.peets.com/cust/privacy.asp?&cm_mmc=facebook*peets*3_27_12_photoprivacy*na, which shall remain in full force and effect, if Sponsor is duly notified that any element of an entrant’s Photo Submission infringes upon the rights of another person and/or receives a legally valid request to remove or invalidate the affected Photo Submission because of such infringement, such Photo Submission may be removed and disqualified from the Promotion, as Sponsor may determine in its sole discretion. No entrant will be eligible to receive a prize unless Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that such entrant’s Photo Submission has been or can be sufficiently cleared for legal purposes and such entrant has complied with the terms of these Official Rules.
4) How to Enter during the Photo Submission Period: You can enter at www.facebook.com/Peets or www.peets.com or www.peetscoffee.com by completing the registration form with your fist/last name, e-mail address, street address, city, state, zip code, phone number, your date of birth and your acknowledgement of the Official Rules. Select the option to “Like” Peet’s on Facebook, and then complete your entry by uploading your photo file and providing a caption for your photo. There is no limit to the number of Photo Submissions you make, however each Photo Submission should provide unique/different content from your other Photo Submissions.
By entering, you agree that you are giving Sponsor the right to post your Photo Submission on its website and/or public websites where it maintains accounts. Additionally, by entering the Promotion, you agree you are assigning and hereby assign full and complete ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to your Photo Submission and all usage rights therein to the Sponsor for use in and in relation to any of its products and the advertising, marketing, promotion and exploitation thereof in exchange for no compensation of any kind.
5) User Voting to Determine One (1) Winner: During the User Voting Period, all Photo Submissions approved by the Sponsor will be available for review and voting at www.facebook.com/Peets, www.peets.com and www.peetscoffee.com. Select the option to “Like” Peet’s on Facebook and cast a vote for your favorite Photo Submission. There is a limit of one (1) vote per person per e-mail address per day during the User Voting Period regardless of the website at which you are casting your vote. A day is defined as the twenty-four hour period beginning at 12:00:00 AM PT and ending at 11:59:59 PM PT. The one (1) entrant of the Photo Submission receiving the greatest number votes at the conclusion of the User Voting Period will be determined a winner. In the event of a tie at any level, the Sponsor, in its sole opinion, will make the determination among the tying entries.
6) Sponsor Judging to Determine One (1) Winner: Photo Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of Sponsor’s marketing team (“Judging Panel”) and will be scored and weighted equally on the following points: (a) content that reflects the spirit of the Promotion, (b) creativity/originality and (c) compelling visual appeal to include composition and photographic technique. The decisions of the Judging Panel are final. In Sponsor’s sole determination if an inadequate number of Photo Submissions or Photo Submissions of inadequate quality are received, it reserves the right NOT to determine any Photo Submissions as winners or to determine any number of winners fewer than one (1).
7) Two Prizes: – A $1,000 donation will be made to each of the two (2) winner’s choice of charitable organization (subject to the guidelines below), Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $1,000. There are two (2) prizes available with a total ARV of all prizes of $2,000.
Guidelines for Winner’s Use in Selecting a Charitable Organization
All federal, state, local, and other taxes on donation is the sole responsibility of the applicable organization. There are no prize substitutions or options available. No prize recipient shall be permitted to replace his/her designated prize with another prize or item or redeem his/her prize or any portion of the prize for cash. Promotion Entities reserve the right, exercisable at any time in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
8) General: Winners will be contacted by e-mail and/or phone (“Notification”) to confirm prize acceptance and provide and provided with an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release (“Affidavit”) which must be completed and returned within five (5) days of Sponsor’s first Notification. Potential winner will also be required to send a copy of his/her passport, driver’s license, birth certificate or other appropriate documentation (acceptable to Sponsors) as proof of age and residency. Failure to comply with any of these provisions will result in disqualification.
All entrants agree to comply fully with each provision in these Official Rules. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Promotion and any person who does not comply with these Official Rules, will be ineligible for any prize(s) and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. If, during either the entry period, for reasons beyond the Sponsor’s control (including, but not limited to, tampering or computer virus infection), the Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel or modify the Promotion, without liability and to the extent feasible, will determine winners and award prizes among entries received prior to cancellation or modification. Sponsor is not responsible for Internet, computer hardware and software, phone, and other technical errors, malfunctions, and delays. Entries, which are incomplete, inaccurate, irregular, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, are void.
9) Right to Use Your Work and Information About You: By submitting an Entry, you: (a) represent and warrant that your Photo Submission is your wholly original work, not previously published, and does not incorporate or include anything that is owned by any third party or would require the consent of any third party and your Photo Submission does not violate any copyright, trademark, publicity right, privacy right or any other right of any third party; (b) represent and warrant that your received the permission of any individual(s) appearing in your Photo Submission and such individual(s) agree with all terms and conditions as set forth is these Official Rules; (c) automatically grant to Peet’s Coffee & Tea an exclusive, world-wide, royalty free, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute and display your Photo Submission; (d) agree that upon selection as a winner of any prize, you agree that your Photo Submission shall legally be considered a "work made for hire," with all rights therein, including, without limitation, the exclusive copyright, transferred to and being the property of Peet’s Coffee & Tea; (e) agree that upon selection as a winner of any prize, in the event your Entry is considered not to be a "work made for hire," you irrevocably assign to Peet's Coffee & Tea. All right, title, and interest in and to your Photo Submission (including, without limitation, the copyright) in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, anywhere in the world, with the right to make any and all uses thereof, including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade; and (f) agree that by submitting an entry, you grant to Peet’s Coffee & Tea the right to sell and otherwise distribute your Photo Submission on any of its websites or in any of its advertising and/or products without any compensation. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to Peet’s Coffee & Tea and its affiliated companies with respect to all entries and all other submitted materials related to the Promotion, including those submitted by non-winners and winners.
By submitting an Entry, you grant to Peet’s Coffee & Tea and its affiliated companies the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), voice, biographical information, the Photo Submission in your entry and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing Peet’s Coffee & Tea, its products or services, without compensation unless required by law. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), email address, biographical information, or entry. The rights granted under this paragraph shall extend to Peet’s Coffee & Tea its affiliated companies with respect to all entrants in the Promotion, including non-winners and winners. Peet’s Coffee & Tea however, does not have any obligation to use the winning or non-winning Entries for any purpose.
10) Release of Liability and Issues of Law: By participating all entrants release Peet’s Coffee & Tea, FACEBOOK, their affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this Promotion from any and all liability with respect to and in any way arising from participating in this Promotion, acceptance or use of prizes. Entrants also agree that Peet’s Coffee & Tea, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this promotion are not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer related to or resulting from the Promotion, the Entries and/or its prizes. Peet’s Coffee & Tea, its affiliates, partners, subsidiaries, officers, directors, agents, employees and all entities associated with the development and execution of this promotion are not liable for damage to a user's computer system (including, without limitation, any server failure or lost, delayed or corrupted data or other malfunction) due, either directly or indirectly, to an entrant's participation in the Promotion or downloading of information in connection with the Promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the Promotion in the event that any portion of any website used to administer any aspect of the Promotion becomes technically corrupted.
All Federal, state and local laws and regulations are applicable. THE CALIFORNIA COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE PROMOTION AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA SHALL GOVERN THE PROMOTION. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THOSE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. The Promotion is void where restricted or prohibited by law.
11) Information about the Winners: For a list of the winners send a self-addressed, postage affixed envelope no later than May 18, 2012 to: Peet’s Do a Good Thing Winners List, PO Box 12055 Scottsdale, AZ 85267-2055. (WA and VT residents can omit return postage.)
12) Communication – If you have any questions or comments regarding this Promotion send an email to email@example.com with a subject line of “Do a Good Thing Photo Contest”.
Peet’s Coffee & Tea
1400 Park Avenue
Emeryville, CA 94608
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with FACEBOOK.
All great coffee starts with great relationships, and our 2012 Anniversary Blend is no exception. To honor our coffee-growing partners, we're contributing 5% of the proceeds* to help establish reliable clean water access for the community of the Korona Plantation in Papua New Guinea.
Access to clean water is a great need in the highlands of Papua New Guinea where most women must walk long distances, often to and from rivers, to collect water. These proceeds will help build catchment water tanks (which collect and store large amounts of rainwater, a clean source of water) in a centrally-located and accessible spot within the community.
To craft a great cup, we matched Korona's Rainforest Alliance-certified coffee with the best, brightest and most complementary beans from Burundi Kirimiro and Colombia Antioquia Finca Santa Barbara. Anniversary Blend 2012 is rich, vibrant and aromatic.
We think this blend offers great tribute to our founding 46 years ago and we hope you'll join us in celebrating.
* 5% of proceeds, up to $25,000