The contest is now closed. Thank you to everyone that entered.
Winners will be published in the June 2018 issue of The Rotarian Magazine.
The Rotarian Photo Awards 2017-18
Any member of a Rotary club, honorary Rotarians, or a participant or alumnus of an official Rotary program who are eighteen (18) years or older.
Photographs must be submitted between 1 December 2017 at 00:00 Central Standard Time (“CST”) and 15 February 2018 at 23:59 CST (“Contest Period”).
1. Visit on.rotary.org/Photo2018 and complete the entry form (“Form”) and agree to these Terms.
2. Using the link provided at on.rotary.org/Photo2018, upload and submit a maximum of three (3) photographs in the formats required, in addition to a description of the photographs. Photographs should relate to Rotary projects and people, or in some way to Rotary club activities or Rotary values. The Form is also available in electronic form upon request by contacting Rotary International (“Rotary”).
You must only submit three (3) photographs. By submitting one or more photographs, you represent and warrant that your photographs are in compliance with these Terms. All photographs will become the property of Rotary and will not be returned.
- Your photographs must be your original creation;
- You must hold all rights to the photographs, including copyright;
- Photographs must be at least 1600 pixels wide for horizontal photos or 1600 pixels high for vertical photos at a resolution of 300 pixels per inch (ppi);
- Photographs must be of high-resolution: at least 2 megabytes (MB) and not to exceed 5 MB per file;
- Only photographs saved in a .jpg or .jpeg format may be submitted;
- Photographs may be in color or black and white;
- Photographs must have been taken digitally since 1 January 2017; and
- If your Submission includes images or likenesses of people, you must receive permission to photograph those people and the permission of the parent or legal guardian of any minors to:
- i) photograph those people, and
- ii) license use of the photographs and their likenesses/images to Rotary.
- Photographs may not have been previously published, exhibited, displayed, submitted or distributed to a third party and may not be pending publication;
- Sponsor will not accept scans of non-digital photographs;
- Photographs must not contain material (images, logos, artwork, property) that violates or infringes the rights of others, including, but not limited, to copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights;
- Photographs must not defame or invade the privacy rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased (including personal or private health information) or contain defamatory materials; and
- Photographs must not contain inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, unlawful, illegal or discriminatory materials, as determined in Rotary’s sole discretion.
Rotary will disqualify any photographs that do not adhere to the requirements set forth above or that contain any of the restricted materials or activities set forth above.
First, second, third place and honorable mentions will be published in the June 2018 issue of The Rotarian Magazine.
Rotary will notify winners on or around 15 March 2018 and the individual notified must contact RI within seven (7) days after being notified to claim or forfeit the award. Failure to respond within seven (7) days will result in forfeiture of the award.
A photographer selected by Rotary will review the photographs based on storytelling ability, composition, aesthetic and emotional impact and three (3) photographers will be selected to receive either a first-place, second-place or third-place award. Photographs that do not comply with these Terms, in Rotary’s sole discretion, will not be eligible for the award selection process or an award.
Rotary shall not be liable in any way for injuries to persons or damages to property incurred or suffered by anyone involved in the creation of a photograph or submission of a photograph to Rotary or from the acceptance or use of any awards. The Rotarian Photo Awards is in no way sponsored, administered, endorsed or associated with Facebook; and you release Facebook and Rotary from any claims, damages and all liability arising out of or in any way related to your participation in The Rotarian Photo Awards. Rotary reserves the right to amend, withdraw or terminate these Terms. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, U.S.A. without regard to its conflict of laws; and in the event of any dispute arising under this Agreement, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of any court, which is located in the County of Cook, State of Illinois, U.S.A. Nothing herein may be construed to make anyone submitting a photograph or involved in the creation of a photograph, including their parents/legal guardians, an agent or employee of Rotary.
Purchase from or donation to Rotary or its Foundation is not necessary.
All federal, state, and local laws apply. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
Copyright © 2016 Rotary International. All rights reserved.