We have our winners!
And the winner of the Gold Prize—with a total of 881 votes—is Ava!
Congratulations to our winners, and thank you to everyone who participated in this contest! If you haven’t already, be sure to check out Miralee Ferrell’s new book, A Horse for Kate. It’s a great read for young girls :)
HORSE LOVERS VIDEO CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING RESIDENTS OF PUERTO RICO, THE US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS). US RESIDENTS SERVING AS A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AND ARE PHYSICALLY LOCATED AND RESIDE IN THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO, THE US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS). THIS PROMOTION IS VOID IN PUERTO RICO, THE US TERRITORIES AS WELL AS WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION. THIS PROMOTION IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS. THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS GOVERN THIS PROMOTION.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Promotion Sponsor: The Horse Lovers Video Contest (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by David C Cook, 4050 Lee Vance View, Colorado Springs, CO 80918 (the “Sponsor” or “Cook”).
3. Who Can Enter: To be eligible for the Promotion, which is a video contest for children of 14 years or younger, a Parent or legal guardian may enter the Promotion and submit a video on behalf of his or her child or ward, as applicable, so long as the Parent or legal guardian is:
a. a legal resident of: (i) one of the fifty (50) United States (excluding Puerto Rico and the US Territories and Possessions), or (ii) the District of Columbia; and
b. 18 years of age or older;
Employees of David C Cook and its parent companies, agents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies, divisions, attorneys, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members and household members of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in this Promotion.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Promotion including, but not limited to, proof of Parent and/or legal guardian consent. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by, and supplied to, the Sponsor for the purpose of the Promotion must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant should such an Entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state, local, provincial and municipal laws. The law of the State of Illinois governs this Promotion.
4. How to Enter:
a. To enter this Promotion, persons eligible to enter the Promotion are to visit the website located at: https://display.engagesciences.com/display/container/d/3e291c68-1458-4a82-9f0b-9c4e1625c858/details (the “Promotion Website”), upload an original video approximately 15 - 30 seonds in length of the child explaining why he or she loves horses (following the guidelines set out in Section 5) to either YouTube or Vimeo, copy and paste the video URL into the entry form, and complete the Promotion entry form with the Parent/legal guardian’s e-mail address along with the child’s first name. Since the Promotion is for the submission of videos featuring children of 14 years or younger, the entry form must be completed with the Parent or legal guardian's information, but should identify the first name of the person featured in the video, confirming the subject is 14 years of age or younger at the time the Entry is submitted. The uploaded video and entry form submitted and selection of the submission button by the Parent or legal guardian as described above is collectively referred to herein as an “Entry” and all such entries are collectively referred to as the “Entries”. Each Entry will be submitted via the Promotion Website. The Entries must be submitted between 12:00:01 a.m. MT on April 9, 2015 and 11:59:59 p.m. MT on April 26, 2015 (the “Promotion Period”) after which time the Promotion will be closed and no further Entries shall be accepted. Any person who desires to submit an Entry must provide all information required by these Official Rules in order to have his/her Entry entered into the Promotion. Each Entrant must also consent to, and abide by the disclaimer that the Entrant will be prompted to review at the time of submission of his/her Entry. All Parents and/or legal guardians that submit an Entry in accordance with these Official Rules shall be referred to as an “Entrant” or collectively as the “Entrants”.
b. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned for any reason.
c. Lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected, corrupted or illegible Entries are void and will not be considered. Any disputes regarding ownership of any Entry will be resolved by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
d. Limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Promotion Period, with the exception Entrants will be afforded an additional Entry for each person that identifies that Entrant as causing said person to submit an Entry.
e. Entries received via the Promotion Website shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Entry.For the purpose of these Official Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Each selected Entrant may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the selected Entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning Entry.
5. Conditions for Eligible Entries. In order to be deemed an eligible Entry, the Entry MUST NOT CONTAIN material that, in Sponsor’s sole discretion:
a. Disparages or insults any person, Sponsor, or any other entity affiliated with the sponsorship, promotion or administration of this Promotion;
b. Violates or infringes upon another’s rights including, but not limited to, privacy rights, use of one’s likeness, intellectual property rights, or that constitutes infringement of a party’s copyright, trademark or trade secret rights;
c. Includes brand names and/or trademark;
d. Includes photos, videos, artwork, writing, music or any other original work not created by the Entrant and/or by an individual who has granted Entrant a perpetual right to use and disseminate said items and to sublicense to others the right to use and disseminate said items;
e. Is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or obscene;
f. Promotes bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or age; or
g. Is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to, the laws or regulations in any state, province, territory or country where the Drawing is created and/or submitted.
Each Entrant represents to Sponsor that Sponsor shall have the right to exclude or remove from the Promotion any Entry in Sponsor’s sole discretion, including without limitation, on the basis of concerns raised in Section 5. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any claims of infringement of rights to copyright, privacy and/or personality, and all such liability shall remain with the Entrant. Entrant waives any claim for damages resulting from Sponsor’s exclusion or removal of Entrant’s Entry from the Promotion. Sponsor shall not be responsible for the failure to exclude or remove any Entry that is determined to violate any of the above prohibitions and Entrant shall indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies, from any liability arising from Entrant’s violation or alleged violation of any of the above prohibitions or that arises in connection with an Entry.
a. There are three (3) total prizes (each a “Prize” and collectively the "Prizes") available to be won by the winner (the “Winner”) consisting of: 1) One (1) Winner will receive a Horse Lovers Prize Pack (the "Gold Prize") and two copies of A Horse for Kate; 2) Two (2) Winners will receive a Breyer Show Jumping Classics Toy Horse with Accessories, Breyer Classics Chelsea Show Jumper, and a copy of A Horse for Kate (the "Silver Prize").
b. The aggregate approximate value of the Gold Prize is $150.00. The aggregate approximate value of the Silver Prize is $42.
c. Winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual expenses incurred and stated approximate Prize value, if any.
d. The Prize will be delivered to the Winner by Sponsor to the address provided by Winner upon notification of being selected as more fully set forth below, with all cost of said delivery being paid by Sponsor.
e. Each Winner must comply with these Official Rules.
f. The Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be split, transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except in the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize(or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
g. The Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
h. The Sponsor shall not be liable for any portion of a Prize that is prohibited from being provided due to unforeseen circumstances including, but not limited to, acts of God beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control.
i. The Sponsor shall not be responsible for any Prize lost by any delivery method selected by the Sponsor to deliver any portion of the Prize including, but not limited to, delivering any portion of the Prize to the incorrect address or location.
j. The Winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state or local taxes due on any Prize or incurred as a result of winning the Prize.
7. Winner Selection:
a. The Winner shall be selected as follows: from on or about April 27, 2015 through and including May 3, 2015 (the "Voting Period"), all videos submitted with an Entry will be displayed on the Promotion Website and such other social media outlets as the Sponsor may select, and viewers will be able to vote for their favorite video. Upon conclusion of the Voting Period, the Entrant whose video submitted with its Entry receives the most votes shall be declared the Winner of the Gold Prize.
b. On or about May 5, 2015, two (2) Entrants will be selected by a random draw from all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period, excluding the Winner of the Gold Prize, with the first two (2) Entrants selected being awarded a Silver Prize identified in Section 6.a above.
c. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded by the Sponsor or any other party.
d. The odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received.
8. Winner Notification: On or about May 5, 2015, each Winner will be notified by Sponsor by electronic mail using the information provided on his or her Entry. Notification will be attempted a minimum of three (3) times. If any selected Entrant does not respond to the notification within six (6) business days of the final attempted contact; if the contact information provided is non-operative or non-operational; or if the selected Entrant is unwilling or unable to accept the Prize offered, the Prize will be forfeited and the next alternative Entrant will be randomly selected and deemed the Winner. In the instance of the inability or unwillingness of the Gold Prize Winner to accept the Gold Prize, the Entrant with the next highest vote total would be deemed the Gold Prize Winner.
9. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Promotion constitutes the Entrant's full and unconditional agreement and acceptance of these Official Rules. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
10. Identification of Winner: The Winner shall be announced on the Promotion Website on or about April 28, 2015 and shall remain posted there for a minimum of thirty (30) business days.
11. Terms and Conditions: All Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of Entry submission does not equate to proof of receipt. This Promotion is subject to all federal, state provincial and local laws and regulations. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Unless Entrant opts in to be informed of offers and updates from Miralee Ferrell and/or updates and offers about other fiction books from David C Cook (as provided in the Promotion entry form), no correspondence will be entered into by the Sponsor and any Entrant other than notification to Winners and Entrants who did not win, and reminders regarding the option to vote for a drawing. The Sponsor, its parents, subsidiaries, limited liability or affiliated companies, any of their respective employees, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents, assigns and advertising and promotional agencies shall not be responsible for: (1) Entries, Prize claims or notifications that are not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer or technical malfunction, or human error of any kind; (2) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer or communications malfunctions, failures or difficulties, including public utility or telephone outages, omissions, interruptions, deletions or defects of any telephone system or network, computer online systems, computer equipment, servers or service providers; (3) typographical, printing or other errors, or any combination thereof; (4) inability to access the Promotion Website or any Web pages of the Sponsor; (5) theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries; (6) data that is processed late or incorrectly or is incomplete or lost due to telephone, computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on telephone lines or transmission systems, or the Internet, or any service provider’s facilities, or any phone site or Web site or for any other reason whatsoever; or (7) any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Promotion. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of being conducted as planned; or if this Promotion is not conducted due to technical malfunctions including any computer or technical systems (or any portion thereof) becoming corrupted or does not allow the proper conduct of the Promotion and/or processing of entries in accordance with these Official Rules for any reason; or if infection by a computer (or similar) virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion, or any portion thereof, without obligation, and select the Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after (as appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. If such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension of this Promotion occurs, notification will be posted at the Promotion Website. Any individual’s use of robotic, automatic, scripted, programmed or similar entry methods will void all Entries by that individual. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry or Entrant that it deems to have violated or attempted to violate any of these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with the Promotion in any manner. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any phone service site or Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion is a violation of criminal and/or civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitation of Liability / Publicity: By entering the Promotion, each Entrant (i) acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements; (ii) agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects; (iii) agrees that the Sponsor has sole discretion to resolve any disputes as it sees fit; and (iv) agrees that neither the Entrant nor his/her heirs, successors, or assigns will assert any claim related to damages, losses or injuries against the Sponsor or its related corporations, parents, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies, attorneys, Prize providers and affiliated entities, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, limited liability companies, affiliates and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents and assigns. The Sponsor and its related corporations, parents, subsidiaries, limited liability and affiliate companies, advertising and promotion agencies, attorneys, Prize providers and affiliated entities: (i) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any Prize; (ii) disclaim any implied warranty; (iii) are not in any way responsible or liable for damage, loss or injury of any kind including, but not limited to death or bodily harm, actually or allegedly arising from entry into the Promotion or acceptance and/or use of any Prize and/or attendance at the Event; (iv) disclaim any responsibility for any actual or alleged loss (financial or otherwise), injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any material from any website, regardless of whether the material was prepared by the Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the Promotion Website by a hypertext link; and (v) disclaim any liability for either for the termination, suspension or modification of the Promotion for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person fulfilling any portion of the Prize. By accepting a Prize, the Winner consents to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, video and biographical information for publicity or advertising purposes without further notice or compensation, to the extent permitted by law.
13. Release Indemnity: By participating in the Promotion, all Entrants, including without limitation each Winner, agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, limited liability and affiliate companies, its advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, directors, officers, members, personnel, agents, attorneys and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all damages, injuries, claims, causes of action, or losses of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from such Entrant's participation in the Promotion, any breach of these Official Rules, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, including without limitation: personal injury, death, property damage, defamation, infringement of intellectual property rights, and claims based on the rights of publicity and privacy. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA; INCOME; OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; CLAIMS OF THIRD-PARTIES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, AND THE RIGHT TO HAVE ANY DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. The Entrant further agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Promotion, without limitation.
15. Dispute Resolution: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligation of the Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction). Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or the prize(s) awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. All claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall include attorney's fees. The sole proper venue for the resolution of any dispute shall be the State of Illinois, County of Winnebago and each Entrant hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the courts located therein.
16. Parties not affiliated with Promotion: Facebook©, Twitter©, and Instagram© are not sponsors of this Promotion and are not responsible for providing any Prize to be awarded.
17. Trademark/Copyright: All content on the Promotion Website, Promotion Facebook Page and/or any other social media outlet utilized by Sponsor including text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, video clips and audio clips (collectively “Content”), the compilation of the Content (meaning its collection, arrangement and assembly) and all software used on or in the Promotion Website and/or Promotion Facebook Page are the property of either the Sponsor, its respective affiliates, or third parties that have licensed content and software for use on the Promotion Website and/or Promotion Facebook Page. No license is granted for any further use of any of these trademarks, service marks or logos. All content and software are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All content and other copyrightable material may be used only as provided in these Official Rules. All rights not expressly granted in these Official Rules are reserved.
18. Termination. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Promotion, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Promotion, and/or the Official Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
© 2015 David C Cook All Rights Reserved.