WIN A FAMILY HOLIDAY TO MALTA WORTH £5,000
So if you’re the parent or guardian of a hot-shot photographer who’s under 12, why not send us their photos for a chance to win a family holiday this summer to Malta worth £5,000. They could be anything from a family day out to a shot of the family pet. Whatever takes their fancy!
What’s more, every week we will celebrate some of our favourites in our weekly Escape pages. You can also view all entries in our gallery.
Feeling inspired? Then upload their photos now!
This prize draw is free to enter. Only open to UK residents aged 18 or over. Enter between March 6, 2017 and March 23, 2017 by uploading a photo taken by a child under the age of 12 at www.metro.co.uk/amex. Entrants must be the parent or guardian of the child under the age of 12. Prizes: 1 x family holiday (e.g. two adults and two children), with transport and accommodation included. In the event that the value of the Prize does not reach £5,000 for reasons including but not limited to: dates of travel, number of persons travelling, the Promoter will add in additional elements to reach the stated value. For full T&Cs click here.
Promoter: American Express Services Europe Limited.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FREE PRIZE DRAW TO WIN A FAMILY HOLIDAY
SUMMARY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
UK.18+. Enter between 6/3/17 and 23/3/17 by uploading a photo taken by a child under the age of 12 at www.metro.co.uk/amex to enter prize draw. Entrants must be the parent or guardian of the child under the age of 12. Prizes: 1x Family holiday (2 adults and up to 3 children), with transport and accommodation included. For full T&Cs see: www.promoterms.com/amexmetro2017. Promoter: American Express Services Europe Limited.
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR FREE PRIZE DRAW TO WIN A FAMILY HOLIDAY
Conditions of entry
1. This prize draw (the "Promotion") is only open to UK residents, excluding employees and agents of (a) the Promoter or (b) any company connected with the production or distribution of this Promotion, as well as their relatives or members of their family or household.
2. The Promotion is free to enter and can be entered by going to www.metro.co.uk/amex and uploading their photo entry. Multiple entries will be accepted per person or email address, but each entry image must be different in order to qualify as a valid entry
3. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry. Uploaded image entries must be taken by a child under the age of 12 years. Parent/Guardian permission must be obtained before entering. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request. By entering the Promotion entrants are deemed to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. The Promotion will start at 00.01 on March 6, 2017 and end at 17.00 on March 23, 2017.
5. There will be one winner who will be selected in a random draw by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, from all eligible entries, on March 24, 2017. The winner will be notified by the Promoter by email within one week of this date and will be given details of how to accept their prize. Failure by the winner to accept the prize in the manner specified within one week of the Promoter's initial email will make any claim invalid and the Promoter will then select another winner (again selected randomly in a draw) from all remaining eligible entries who will be contacted as above.
6. In order for entries to be deemed ‘eligible’ and ‘valid’ entrants must upload an image taken by a child under the age of 12 years. A parent or guardian must upload the image or a parent or guardian’s permission must be gained in order to upload on the child’s behalf. Inspiration for entries include, but is not limited to, images submitted showing:
Invalid entries will include, but aren’t limited to, any images:
• That include a person or persons who have not given their consent to be in the photo;
• Showing nudity, obscenity or anything that could be deemed to be antisocial behaviour;
• That infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights, rights of publicity or privacy or any other intellectual property rights;
• Images that are obscured by a child’s hand/object; or
• That don’t clearly have a main focus/subject matter.
The prize is a Family holiday (e.g. 2 adults and 2 children) for 7 nights.
Additional Prize Details and Conditions
7. The Prize includes:
• Return economy flights for from London Gatwick Airport to Malta.
• Reasonable costs towards travel to and from Gatwick Airport and transfers in Malta comparable to public transport.
• 7 nights’ accommodation at the Hilton Hotel Malta. Example accommodation: Queen Bed Deluxe Rooms, with sea views including breakfast each morning.
• Car hire of a Vauxhall Mokka or Similar for the duration of the holiday
• A Kidizoom Duo camera for the child under 12 who’s photo won the prize draw
• Mediterraneo Marine Park entrance
• 1x A la Carte meal on the day of arrival at one of the Hilton Hotel Malta’s restaurants.
8. Prize Conditions:
• Airline seats are subject to availability.
• The family must travel together in both directions.
• All elements of the prize package must be taken as part of the same trip;
• The Winner is solely responsible for any additional charges incurred at the hotel during their stay, including, without limitation, costs of meals, drinks, additional nights and services together with related taxes.
• A valid credit or debit card will be required to check in to your room and will be used to guarantee any incidentals such as in-room calls or services.
• The winners must abide by and are subject to the Airline’s published Conditions of Carriage;
• Once flight tickets have been issued, they are only valid for flights, dates and times shown. Name changes to the flight seats once confirmed are not permitted.
• If a flight or hotel booking is cancelled by the winners, no alternatives will be issued and for the avoidance of doubt, no compensation and/or refund will be provided.
• The winners require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel; any necessary visas, vaccines or travel insurance are the responsibility of the winners.
• For the avoidance of doubt, the prize does not include additional food, beverages, souvenirs, gratuities, car parking charges, excess baggage, additional excursions and attractions or any other costs of a personal nature that are not explicitly set out in these terms and conditions and neither the Promoter nor any provider of any part of the Prize will be responsible for any such costs.
• The winners must inform the Promoter of any wheelchair or any similar access needs
• The Prize must be booked by 31st May 2017 and taken by 30th November 2017 (subject to availability) but excludes Christmas and New Year (20th December 2017 – 1st January 2018), Valentine’s Day, Easter, School Holidays and Bank Holiday periods in the UK and the country of the
• The Prize will be booked and arranged by an agent of the Promoter
• In the event that the value of the Prize does not reach £5000 for reasons including but not limited to: dates of travel, number of persons travelling, the Promoter will add in additional elements to reach the stated value.
9. Prizes are not transferable, may not be re-sold and are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute a Prize with a Prize of equal or greater value.
10. The name and county of the Prize winner will be available by going to www.promowinners.com/amexmetro2017 after the 20th April 2017 and will be available for 4 weeks.
11. Winners agree to reasonable use, by the Promoter, of their name and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with this Promotion including but not limited to publication of the winner's name and photograph on the Promoter’s websites.
12. In addition, by submitting an entry and in consideration of the Promoter granting a right to enter the Promotion, entrants agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any materials contained in the entry (including but not limited to text, images or video materials) (the “Materials”) worldwide and/or to incorporate the Materials in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in the Materials. By submitting Materials to the Promotion, an entrant:
a. warrants that the Materials are original work submitted on behalf of a child under the age of 12, is the legal parent/guardian and that it has the right to make them available for all the purposes specified above; that it does not infringe any law; that it is not obscene or libellous; and that it does not violate the rights of any third party;
b. agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of a breach of the above warranty;
c. agrees to waive any moral rights in the Materials for the purposes of its submission to, and publication by, the Promoter and the purposes specified above.
d. agrees that the Promoter can use these images for 12 months in Worldwide internal marketing and advertising in print, social, online and all paid for media.
1. The determination and decision of the Promoter on all matters shall be final and no promotional correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right in its reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any entrant whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the Promotion and to declare as void any or all of their entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on any website of the Promoter, any game cards and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the Promotion materially affecting the result of the Promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the Promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter's reasonable control.
2. No entries will be accepted in bulk, from agents or third parties.
3. To the fullest extent permitted by law (and subject to paragraph 14 below), the Promoter hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liabilities (whether express or implied) relating to this Promotion and/or the Prize.
4. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the Promoter's liability for: (i) death or personal injury as a result of its negligence; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion should virus, bugs, tampering, fraud or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter corrupt or hinder the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion.
6. If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part that part shall be severed from the remainder of the provisions and the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
8. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
1. The Promoter is American Express Services Europe Limited. Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales with Company Number 1833139. American Express Services Europe Limited is authorised in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (reference number 415532) for the provision of payment services.
2. The Administrator is Metro, 2 Derry Street, London W8 5TT.