Check out the winning photos!
These are the photos that best showcase the spirit of summer, as voted by YOU!
The contest has now closed. Thanks to all those who took part.
Summer Fun Photo Contest
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULLY. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION TO SPONSOR AND THAT YOUR ENTRY MATERIALS, AS DEFINED BELOW, MAY BE INCLUDED IN SPONSOR’S COMMERCIAL MATERIAL, AS WELL AS AT SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS. YOUR PARTICIPATION IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND RULES HEREIN, INCLUDING THE INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND OTHER TERMS AS APPLICABLE. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAIN A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION THAT REQUIRES THE RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, LIMITS YOUR ABILITY TO SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW, AND WAIVES YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN CLASS ACTIONS, CLASS ARBITRATIONS, OR A JURY TRIAL FOR CERTAIN DISPUTES.
1. SPONSOR/PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR: For this Summer Fun Photo Contest (“Promotion”), Western Digital Technologies, Inc., 3355 Michelson Drive, Irvine, CA 92612 is the (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to submit an Entry for the Promotion, a participant (“participant”, “entrant”, “you”) must be a legal resident of the United States over the age of 18 and have reached the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which he/she resides as of the date of entry. Affiliates and employees of Sponsor, Promotion Administrator, or any other company associated with the administration of the Promotion, along with their immediate families and household members, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. Void where prohibited or restricted. By entering this Promotion and submitting an Entry, participants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or its agents, including decisions regarding which participant is awarded a prize. Eligible participants must comply with all entrance requirements published by the Sponsor in connection with this Promotion. All entrants must have access to the Internet in order to participate. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. You are responsible for any and all such charges and should consult your service providers regarding their pricing plans.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion shall commence on June 13, 2017 at 12:00AM Pacific Daylight Time and end on June 27, 2017 at 11:59PM Pacific Daylight Time (“Promotion Period”). Any entry received after the expiry of the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid. Sponsor has no responsibility to accept late, lost, delayed, or misdirected entries. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. PROMOTION PROCEDURES: To enter the Promotion, a participant must (i) visit the following page: SanDiskcontest.com (“Promo Page”); and (ii) follow the instructions for the Promotion (as indicated on the Promo Page) to submit an entry (which may include submission of your name, email address, comment, photo, and/or hashtag) (“Entry” or “User Generated Content”). Each Entry must comply with these Terms and Conditions. Each participant may only submit one (1) entry and shall only be eligible to win one (1) Prize in this Promotion. Participants submitting more than one (1) entry may be disqualified from the Promotion, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible, duplicate or late Entries which otherwise do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will also be disqualified.
5. USER GENERATED CONTENT:
a. By submitting User Generated Content, each entrant represents and warrants that the User Generated Content:
- is the entrant’s own original work and created solely by entrant;
- is subject to these Terms and Conditions and entrant has obtained permission from each person (if any) who appears in the User Generated Content to provide the rights granted to Sponsor herein.
- does not infringe upon any copyright, trademark or any other intellectual property right, invade any right of privacy or publicity;
- does not include offensive or illegal content, including without limitation, illegal drugs, any User Generated Content that is libellous, slanderous or defamatory, or propagates "hate" messages of any entity or person, or which contains sexually explicit, suggestive, profane, offensive, obscene or pornographic material, or is unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group;
- does not promote irresponsible or excessive consumption or use of alcohol, tobacco or firearms/weapons, or promote any particular political agenda or message;
- does not contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names (other than just first name), email or street addresses;
- does not communicate messages inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- does not violate any other right of any person or entity, and is not otherwise contrary to any law.
b. Each participant agrees that if any of the foregoing representations are untrue, in whole or in part, such participant may be required to indemnify and hold the Sponsor, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, harmless from and against any costs, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with any claim or allegation that, if true, would be a breach of the representations above.
c. By submitting User Generated Content, each entrant hereby unconditionally grants to the Sponsor, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive, assignable, transferable, unqualified, unrestricted license to edit, use, reuse, modify, reproduce, display, distribute, copy, publish and otherwise exploit (in any manner whatsoever) such User Generated Content without further permission, notification, consideration, or payment to the entrant, except where prohibited by law. The foregoing license grant is not contingent upon anything. In addition, each entrant forever waives in favor of Sponsor all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that may preclude the use of the Entry (or any part thereof) as granted herein, or require entrant’s permission to use the Entry (or any part thereof) for the purposes stated herein. Entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
d. If, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, the Entry violates any law or infringes upon the rights of any third party, is inaccurate, incomplete or irregular in any way, or otherwise does not comply with these Terms and Conditions or is deemed inappropriate, the Sponsor may disqualify the Entry. Sponsor’s decisions will be final in all matters relating to the Promotion and winner eligibility.
6. WINNER SELECTION: Decisions of the Sponsor and the Promotion Administrator are final and binding to each person who enters the Promotion and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Entry with the highest total number of votes received from June 28, 2017 until July 6, 2017 at 11:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time, will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner and the Entry with the second most number of votes will be deemed the Second Place Winner (individually, each a “Winner” and collectively, “Winners”). Odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the number of eligible Entries received. Voters will be entitled to only one vote per site visitor per day.
In the event of a tie between two Entries a panel of judges will select the Winner based on creativity and originality, in accordance with the theme.
7. THE WINNERS: The Winners will be entitled to receive a Prize (as defined below). The Winners will be notified on or about July 10, 2017 via the e-mail address provided at the time of registration (“Winner Notification”). Each Winner has five (5) business days to respond to the Winner Notification to confirm their eligibility for a Prize. Sponsor or Promotion Administrator are not responsible if a Winner does not receive the Winner Notification. If a Winner does not respond to the Winner Notification within five (5) business days or cannot otherwise be contacted to confirm their eligibility, an alternate winner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries at the Sponsor’s discretion, using the same method described above.
8. PRIZES: Each Winner will receive one Prize. All prizes shall collectively be referred to herein as the “Prizes” and individually as a “Prize.”
a. The three (3) Grand Prize Winners will receive a DJI Phantom 3 drone and one hundred dollars ($100) worth of SanDisk Extreme microSD cards. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $576.
b. The ten (10) Second Place Winners will receive a SanDisk iXpand + Dual Drive M3.03418. The ARV of the Second Place Prize is $169.
The total ARV of all prizes in the Promotion is $3418. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prizes set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market values, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. Apart from the Prizes awarded as part of the Promotion, no monetary compensation will be paid for any of your Entries.
c. All Prizes awarded are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit (in whole or in part). If any Prize is not available due to any reasons or is prohibited by law, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize awarded with a prize of equivalent value. Prizes will be delivered to the postal address provided by Winner within 4 to 6 weeks from the end of the Promotion Period.
d. Prizes do not include any and all taxes, fees and contributions under applicable laws (including but not limited to Income Tax) related to the delivery of Prizes. By accepting a Prize, each Winner agrees to be responsible for all national, regional, federal, central, state, local or other applicable taxes and fees (and related reporting obligations), including possible delivery charges, associated with acceptance and use of the Prize. The Winner is responsible for any and all other costs and expenses not listed above.
e. Each Winner may be required to show evidence of age, residence or identity, other proof of eligibility, including proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning Entry and complete and submit a form (the “Prize Verification Form”) within fourteen (14) days from date of Winner Notification, or their Prize may be forfeited. Non-compliance in returning any Prize Verification Form will result in disqualification of such potential Winner and the associated Prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner from among all remaining eligible Entries received. Any Prize Verification Form or Prize returned as undeliverable may result in such Prize being forfeited and awarded to an alternate Winner from among all remaining eligible Entries. By signing and returning a Prize Verification Form and/or accepting a Prize, each Winner (where permitted) provides permission to Sponsor to use their Entry, inclusive of any name, voice, picture, likeness or persona contained therein, for commercial promotional, advertising and/or publicity purposes in any medium and social websites, known or hereafter invented throughout the world in perpetuity, without further notice or additional compensation.
f. Once a Prize has been delivered to a Winner, all liability for any loss or damage, including any property damage, personal injury, or death to the Winner or any third party arising from the use of any prize awarded, other than personal injury or death resulting from the Sponsor’s and its affiliates’ negligence, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner and the Winner shall indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and its affiliates for any claims therefore. All Prizes offered in this Promotion are subject to the terms and conditions, warranty, and RMA return policies of the relevant manufacturer. Sponsor has made no warranty or guarantee in whole or in part, express or implied, in fact or in law, in relation to the use of any Prize including, but not limited to, its quality, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or suitability for use, except to the extent Sponsor provides support for those products manufactured by Sponsor, and then only in accordance with the relevant limited warranty.
9. REQUESTS FOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS / WINNERS LIST:To receive a list of Winners (available after the end of the Promotion Period) or a copy of these Terms and Conditions, send an e-mail to be received within ninety (90) days of the end of the Promotion Period to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of: Summer Fun Photo Contest. Please specify “Terms and Conditions” or “Winners List” in the body of the e-mail.
ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE VALIDITY, APPLICABILITY OR INTERPRETATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“CLAIM”), SHALL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION RATHER THAN IN COURT, EXCEPT THAT YOU MAY ASSERT CLAIMS IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT IF YOUR CLAIMS QUALIFY. THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND COURT REVIEW OF AN ARBITRATION AWARD IS LIMITED.
The arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under its then-applicable rules, including (as appropriate) its Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes. The AAA's rules are available at http://www.adr.org/. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s rules. The arbitration shall be conducted in the English language by a single independent and neutral arbitrator. For any hearing conducted in person as part of the arbitration, you agree that the hearing will be conducted in the County and State of Orange County, CA, or the city within the United States in which you reside. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding. Judgment on the arbitral award may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
YOUR AGREE THAT ALL CLAIMS WILL BE RESOLVED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR ARBITRATION. IF FOR ANY REASON A CLAIM PROCEEDS IN COURT RATHER THAN IN ARBITRATION, YOU WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL AND AGREE THAT SUCH CLAIM SHALL BE BROUGHT ONLY IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR CENTRAL DISTRICT OF CALIFORNIA (SOUTHERN DIVISION), OR, IF FEDERAL JURISDICTION IS NOT AVAILABLE, IN A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION IN THE COUNTY AND STATE OF ORANGE COUNTY, CA. YOU HEREBY SUBMIT TO THE PERSONAL JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF SUCH COURTS AND WAIVE ANY OBJECTION ON THE GROUNDS OF VENUE, FORUM NON-CONVENIENS OR ANY SIMILAR GROUNDS WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUCH CLAIM.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Sponsor may seek injunctive relief and any other equitable remedies from any court of competent jurisdiction to protect its intellectual property rights, whether in aid of, pending or independently of the resolution of any dispute pursuant to the arbitration procedures set forth above.
11. Choice of Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor that arise out of or in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Except where prohibited and only in the event that the arbitration or class waiver provisions above are not permitted by law, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of the Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action (to the extent permitted by law) and exclusively by the appropriate court located in Orange County, California.
12. CONSENT: By entering the Promotion, each Winner agrees that, and expressly consents that, except where prohibited, the Sponsor may use such Winner’s name, photograph, likeness, statements, Entry, biographical information, voice, address (city/state/country) and details of winning for publicity purposes, including, without limitation, advertising, promotions, posting a list of winners or other usage, in all forms of media (e.g., print and digital (e.g., internet)) worldwide, in perpetuity, in any manner, together with other materials, without further compensation or notification to, or permission from, Winner.
THE SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES, AND ALL RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS OF EACH, SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TOWARDS ENTRANTS AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS FOR ANY DAMAGE, LOSS, OR LIABILITY, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS, SUITS, DEMANDS AND RIGHTS OF WHATEVER KIND AND NATURE WHETHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY INCURRED BY ENTRANTS, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE. ENTRANT AGREES THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER SPECIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. THIS CLAUSE IS APPLICABLE TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Sponsor is not responsible for computer system, phone line, technical, hardware, software or other failures of any kind, lost, interrupted or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, typographical or other errors in printing, advertising or other promotional materials, whether caused by the Sponsor, users, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries which may damage a user’s system or limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Promotion.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
15. SUSPENSION / MODIFICATION / TERMINATION: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend part or all of this Promotion should an unauthorized human intervention or any other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Promotion. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant that the Sponsor reasonably believes to have tampered with the entry process or with the operation of the Promotion (or who is otherwise found to be acting in violation of these Terms and Conditions).
17. SEVERABILITY: If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes illegal, invalid or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, that shall not affect: (i) the validity or enforceability in that jurisdiction of any other provision of these Terms and Conditions; or (ii) the validity or enforceability in other jurisdictions of that or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
©2017 Western Digital Corporation or its affiliates.
Western Digital Technologies, Inc. is the seller of record and licensee in the Americas of SanDisk® products.