Terms & Conditions
Photo entry Terms
Photo entry Terms
1. Entries for the competition open on Wednesday 22nd Feb and close on Wednesday 3rd May at 5pm;.
2. This competition is open to UK (excluding Northern Ireland) Entrants must be 25 years or older to enter and hold a current full UK driving licence.1 entry permitted per person.
3. This competition is open to consumers, and individuals in the trade, but not employees of Bauer or Lancaster.
4. Entrants must provide the entry details as specified when loading a Land Rover picture. Pictures need to be no more than 72dpi when loading.
5. The top 3 finalists will be notified Wednesday 2nd August 2017.
6. Top 3 finalists must be available to attend the Land Rover Owner International Show 2017, East of England Showground, Peterborough, PE26XE on Friday 15th, Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th September 2017.
7. The top 3 finalists must be able to bring their Land Rover vehicle to the LRO Show for the duration of the show. The vehicles must be of roadworthy condition, as they will be driven at the show.
8. Use of false name or address, ie a name by which the entrant is not usually known, will be disqualified.
9. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed, or damaged entries.
10. Pictures must be an accurate representation of the current condition of the Land Rover.
11. The entrant must be the registered owner and keeper of the Land Rover entered.
12. The person uploading must own all the rights to the picture and have permission to upload/use the photo.
13. The top 3 finalists will receive a pair of tickets to the LRO Show and Bauer Media will pay reasonable costs of bed, breakfast and evening meal of the Friday and Saturday. The Top 3 finalists will also receive a 13 issue subscription to LRO.
14. Top 3 finalists are responsible for the transportation of their Land Rovers at the show including costs of getting to and from the show.
15. Voting on the Top 25 for the Top 3 finalists opens online on Wednesday 14th June at 9am and closes on Tuesday 1st August at 5pm. Voting on the Top 3 for overall winner opens online from Wednesday 6th September at 9am - Thursday 14th September at 5pm, and at the LRO Show on Saturday 16th September from 9am - 5.30pm and on Sunday 17th September from 9am - 12.30pm. Online votes and show votes will be added together to determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
16. The overall winner will be announced at 2pm on Sunday 17th September at the LRO Show.
17. Entrants’ images and text may be used by Bauer Consumer Media Ltd and Lancaster Insurance for promotional purposes.
18. Bauer Media shall not be held responsible for non-delivery or delay of the Prize or any failure by a Winner to take advantage of the Prize or redeem the Prize for any reason and no alternative will be provided. For full term and conditions click here.
1. The Prize is provided and awarded by Lancaster Insurance Services, a trading name of Insurance Factory Limited, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 02982445 whose registered office is at 45 Westerham Road, Bessels Green, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 2QB (“Lancaster”). Acceptance of these Prize Terms is a condition of use of the Prize. Lancaster reserves the right, at their discretion, to exclude entrants and/or winner(s) who have acted fraudulently in any way and who do not comply with any of these Prize Terms. The Winner will be an entrant of the Competition selected using the entry mechanism described in Bauer Consumer Media Limited’s (“the Promoter”) General Terms and Conditions. No correspondence will be entered into and the Winner will be notified by the Promoter on Sunday 17th September. Lancaster shall not be held responsible for any inability of the Winner to take up the Prize. It is your responsibility to inform the Promoter and Lancaster of any change to your contact address, telephone number or e-mail address.
2. To claim the Prize (up to £300 off your annual car insurance premium), the Winner must meet the following criteria: (i) they are a resident of the United-Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) (ii) they are over 25 years of age and hold a current full UK driving licence (iii) they are not employees of the Promoter or Lancaster, members of their groups and anyone connected to the administration of the Competition. (iiii) they have no driving convictions except for two minor offences within the last three (3) years. Lancaster reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and Winners and at its sole discretion, to exclude any entrants or Winners who do not comply with any of these Prize Terms. The Prize is non-exchangeable and no cash alternative is available. The Winner agrees and procures not to sell, offer to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purpose (including placing the Prize on an internet auction site). The Prize is only claimable on new policies offered and administered by Lancaster. The Prize is also claimable on the renewal of an existing policy subject to clause. In order to claim the Prize (up to £300 off your annual car insurance premium), the Winner must pay any and all amounts which are above this amount (£300) including any optional extras. The Winner will have twelve (12) months from being awarded and accepting the Prize to redeem it. The Prize is subject to underwriting acceptance criteria; in the event the cover is refused no alternative prize will be available and the Winner will forfeit the Prize and an alternative Winner will be chosen at random. Both Lancaster’s and the Promoter’s decision is final. If you cancel the car insurance policy no refund will be given and you agree to be bound by Lancaster’s insurance policy terms and conditions as detailed in the policy booklet, including the payment of any cancellation fees (if applicable).
3. The Prize (driving experience with Red Letter Days prizes): Lancaster will purchase the Prize on behalf of the winner, it will then be the responsibility of the winner to organise and arrange a date for the Prize to be used. The Prizes will be subject to Red Letter Day’s terms and conditions, vouchers are valid for 12 months.
4. Lancaster agrees to comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Lancaster reserves the right, at their discretion, to: (i) amend these Prize Terms; and (ii) disqualify any entrants who do not comply with these Prize Terms or who have acted fraudulently in any way; and (iii) substitute the Prize any element of the Prize or amend the value of the Prize without providing any prior notice. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability for: a) death or personal injury caused by its negligence; b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation. Subject to clause 10 and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Lancaster shall not be liable for any claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for damages, expenses, disappointment or any losses to persons, the Winner or of property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership and/or use of the Prize and any acts or omissions by Lancaster’s or the Promoter’s agents or of a third party. If any of these Prize Terms are found by a competent court or other competent authority to be void or unenforceable, that term or condition shall be modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. These Prize Terms are governed by English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
1. These terms and conditions cover the voting for the Modified Land Rover of the Year 2017 competition. To vote for your favourite Modified Land Rover please first read these terms and conditions carefully and follow the procedure specified below.
1.1 The voting for the Modified Land Rover of the Year 2017 competition is open to everyone aged 18 or over. Employees of Bauer Consumer Media Ltd, Insurance Factory Limited and any company associated with Bauer or Insurance Factory Limited and their immediate families, are not eligible to vote.
1.2 We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. Voters will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to them.
1.3 Judging for the Top 25 will take place 8th- 29th May. The voting for the Top 3 is open from Wednesday 14th June at 9am until the closing date Tuesday 1st August at 5pm.
1.4 All our decisions in relation to the Top 25 is final.
1.5 You may vote via www.modifiedlro.co.uk (‘Website’) There may be high volumes of people voting, if you have difficulties getting your vote through the Website then please wait and try again within the voting times specified, any votes cast outside the specific times will not be counted.
1.6 Voting for the Top 3 is restricted to a maximum of 3 votes per person.
1.7 Final Voting on the Top 3 for overall winner opens online from Wednesday 6th September at 9am - Thursday 14th September at 5pm, and at the LRO Show on Saturday 16th September from 9am - 5.30pm and on Sunday 17th September from 9am - 12.30pm. Online votes and show votes will be added together to determine 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
1.8 Voting for the overall winner is restricted to a maximum of 1 vote per person.
1.9 Bauer reserves the right to disqualify votes if they have reasonable grounds to suspect that fraudulent voting has occurred.
10.10 Bauer may in its sole discretion change the rules for voting at any time.
1.11 Bauer do not accept any responsibility for any votes that may be lost or delayed through technical failure or problems with any telephone network, service provider, system server, Website or software or otherwise which may result in any vote not being registered or recorded.
1.12 Bauer cannot promise that the Website will be free from errors or be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition.
1.13 Bauer will not be liable to you or to any other 3rd party in the event that all or any part of the Website is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
1.14 Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Bauer's liability for death or personal injury caused by its staff or negligence or for fraud.
1.15 Subject to the above, Bauer does not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any voter howsoever arising from participating in voting whether due to any error, omission or other cause by Bauer, its employees, agents or others to the fullest extent permitted by law.
1.16 The highest number of votes will determine the winner, in the event of a tie the editor of Land Rover Owner will decide the winner and will be final.
1.17 If there is any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning voting or the operation of any part of the voting process the decision of Bauer shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Nothing in these terms and conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer. For more details on your statutory rights you should contact your local Trading Standards Office or Citizen's Advice Bureau. These terms and conditions shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the voter irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
The promoter is Bauer Consumer Media Limited (Company No. 1176085) with registered office address of Media House, Peterborough Business Park, Peterborough PE2 6EA ("Bauer") UK.
For full term and conditions visit: www.bauerlegal.co.uk